食品伙伴網服務號
 
 
當前位置: 首頁 » 專業英語 » 英語短文 » 正文

Chase rainbows 難道是追逐彩虹?

放大字體  縮小字體 發布日期:2021-02-02  來源:滬江英語  作者:foodtrans  瀏覽次數:39
核心提示:你的朋友讓你不要chase rainbows,他的意思可不是攔著你去追彩虹。一起來看看下面這些有趣的俚語。1 Raining cats and dogs 傾盆

你的朋友讓你不要chase rainbows,他的意思可不是攔著你去追彩虹。一起來看看下面這些有趣的俚語。


1 Raining cats and dogs 傾盆大雨

Where are you going, can’t you see it’s raining cats and dogs? You’ll get soaked in a minute if you go out now.

你要去哪里,你看不到下著傾盆大雨嗎?如果你現在出去的話,一分鐘內你就會全身濕透的。

They didn’t go to the theme park because it was raining cats and dogs almost all day.

他們沒有去主題公園,因為幾乎一整天都在下雨。

 

2 Face like thunder 火冒三丈

I don’t know what was happening, I just saw that a man with a face like thunder was chasing a little boy out of the grocer’s shop.

我不知道發生了什么事,我只是看到一個火冒三丈的男人正在從雜貨店追一個小男孩。

She didn’t say anything but her face was like thunder; she slammed the door as she left, and we haven’t seen her ever since.

她什么也沒說,但她火冒三丈;她離開時砰地關上了門,從此我們再也沒見過她了。

 

3 Storm in a teacup 小題大做

Their debate was only a storm in a teacup – actually neither of them took the problem too serious.

他們的辯論不過是小題大做而已——事實上,他們兩人都沒有把問題看得太嚴肅。

The reports about the demonstration are a storm in a teacup – there wasn’t as much violence there as they say.

關于示威游行的報道簡直是小題大做——那里沒有他們所說的那么多暴力。

 

4 Chase rainbows 癡人說夢

My wife never believed I would make it as an executive manager; she always thought I was just chasing rainbows.

我妻子從不相信我會成為一名執行經理;她總是認為我只是在癡人說夢。

Can’t you see you’re only chasing rainbows? There’s no way to get this girl marry you.

難道你看不到你只是在癡人說夢嗎?這個女孩根本不會嫁給你。

 

5 Lightning fast 快如閃電

I don’t think we can keep up with him, he’s got a lightning fast bike.

我想我們跟不上他,他有一輛閃電般快的自行車。

The robbery lasted only a minute, and then the robbers disappeared in a lightning fast car.

搶劫只持續了一分鐘,然后強盜消失在一輛閃電般快速的汽車里。

 

6 Head in the clouds 胡思亂想

Is your sister in love? I see her walking around all day with her head in the clouds.

你妹妹戀愛了嗎?我看見她整天在那走來走去,胡思亂想。

You have your head in the clouds if you think Mary will come to your birthday party after the nasty things you’ve done to her.

如果你認為瑪麗會在你對她所做的壞事之后參加你的生日聚會,那你就大錯特錯了。

 

7 Snowed under 手頭繁忙

I’d love to help you, but I’m completely snowed under at the moment.

我很樂意幫助你,但我現在太忙了。

Could you come over and fix the tap in the bathroom? But of course, only if you aren’t snowed under, it’s not so urgent.

你能來浴室修理一下水龍頭嗎?但是當然,你不忙的時候再來,不是很緊急。

 

8 Under the weather 心情不好或身體不適

Do you mind if I stay out of work today? I’m feeling under the weather, I may have the flu.

你介意我今天不上班嗎?我感覺不舒服,我可能得了流感。

I heard you were ill yesterday. Are you feeling better now or are you still under the weather?

我聽說你昨天病了。你現在感覺好點了還是仍然不舒服?

 

(來源:滬江英語)

更多翻譯詳細信息請點擊:http://www.trans1.cn
編輯:foodtrans01

 
[ 網刊訂閱 ]  [ 專業英語搜索 ]  [ ]  [ 告訴好友 ]  [ 打印本文 ]  [ 關閉窗口 ] [ 返回頂部 ]

 
0條 [查看全部]  相關評論

 
推薦圖文
推薦專業英語
點擊排行
 
 
国产无套视频在线观看_国产亚洲日韩a在线欧美_无码国模国产在线观看